- keeps gasoline at neutral pH values, preventing corrosion of tanks, metals and seals;
- stabilises the fuel, slowing down decomposition and the formation of sludge;
- cleans carburettors and fuel injectors;
- contains Friction Modifier, which reduces friction and increases smoothness;
- increases octanes;
- creates an anti-wear lubricating film that protects valves;
- enables non-catalysed vehicles to use unleaded petrol.
With the passage of time and sporadic use, fuels promote the corrosion of tanks, metals and gaskets etc. Leadex ensures a prolonged stabilisation of the fuel’s pH, and thus prevents the deleterious effects of corrosion.It slows down fuel oxidation and the chemical decomposition it causes, and counteracts the formation of sludge on the bottom of the tank
The currently available lead-free petrol is not suitable for use in engines designed for the use of tetraethyl lead fuels, as it can cause premature wear.
Leadex prevents the deterioration of parts like valve seats, valve guides and piston rings, creating a superior lubricating, anti-wear film that replaces tetraethyl lead.